- Register to Audition at least 24 hours before your audition time.
- Click Here to register
- What to expect: the auditions are grouped by age. Students will be given ballet barre work and some excerpts from the choreography at the first audition. They will be given a callback form with times of second round of casting.
- Boys who would like to audition for the party scene do not need formal dance training.
- What to wear: Ballet Clothing, Ballet Shoes, Hair neatly done
- Bring a photo: a school photo is perfectly acceptable
- Parents must attend the audition meeting
- Callback Auditions: There will be no warm-up at this audition. Times will depend upon roles we are considering the dancer for. We look for students with good dance technique, who can learn a sequence of dance steps, project with confidence and who are eager to be part of a big production. You must attend this to be considered for casting.
- Rehearsals begin September 19th. Rehearsals are held at the Prairie Center for the Arts, Northwest Ballet Academy (in Schaumburg) and/or Dance Academy of Libertyville.
- Cast member participation fee (for those selected):
$200 for performers cast in a single role.
$250 for performers cast in multiple roles.
Discounts applied to families with more than one participating child. Fees include Media Access and Foundation Membership.
Financial Assistance available.
Friday, August 19
audition held at Dance Academy of Libertyville
Age 7 (by 10/1/22)
Ages 8 - 10
Minimum 1 year classical ballet training
(8 years old by 10/1/22)
Parent meeting For ALL Parents
Minimum 2 years classical ballet training
Intermediate / Advanced
n u t c r a c k e r 2 2